Saturday, December 21, 2013

Taking It Slow and Heading to Old San Juan

Last morning in Playa Santa. We're cleaning up and basking in the sun drenching the patio. Our little cat neighbor came to visit us one last time. Bags are packed, house is straightened, not much else to do but drive to San Juan.

Yesterday was a relaxed day where we just lingered on the porch, read, wrote in our journals, and enjoyed the breeze. Clouds rolled in and out all day, and it was a perfect day for lounging.

All was well until the afternoon when I bent over to pick something up. I found myself on my knees with a back that was going out. The rest of the afternoon and evening I iced and took ibuprofen, hoping it would get better over the next 12 hours. I had a decent sleep under the living room fan, waking up sore but more mobile than yesterday.

I'm relieved to be driving into San Juan to get rid of the car and enjoy our last night in the city. I'm not sure how active I'll be, but at least we'll be in Old San Juan with much to do and places just outside our door.

No comments: